Fermzilla All Rounder Tips Wanted

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The thermowell I ordered came with a V1 bulkhead. It went on fine to start with, but there really isn't enough thread to get decent purchase on it (Kegland have since bought out a V2 with longer thread). My current brew was losing pressure through this and I couldn't tighten it up any further.

Big shout out to @BrewKegTap for sending me a new V2 version free of charge under warranty and incredibly quickly (arrived next day). athumb..
I have found that if you fit the V1 upside down ie. With the nut on top it works fine. But the V2 is much better 👍🏼

One other tip, don’t release all the pressure when taking the lid off. Leave a couple of psi in and unscrew the collar slowly, the lid will pop up once you’ve unscrewed a little.
You can do the same if it’s stuck and no pressure in, unscrew the collar a little and whack some CO2 in, lid will pop up.
And no need to do the collar up tightly, it just needs to hold down the lid, the seal is around the lid, against the neck, not under it.

I skimmed some of my fridge lining out to fit within

I am planning to widen space inside my fridge freezer (fridge part used for kegs).

What do we reckon the risk is of there being lines anywhere near the shelf moldings?

I am planning to widen space inside my fridge freezer (fridge part used for kegs).

What do we reckon the risk is of there being lines anywhere near the shelf moldings?
If you have a UK freestanding fridge with a coil & compressor on the back and the plate thing at the back inside then there are more than likely no coils anywhere other than those. Really the only thing to look out for is the cable feeding the light and thermostat.

If you have a UK freestanding fridge with a coil & compressor on the back and the plate thing at the back inside then there are more than likely no coils anywhere other than those. Really the only thing to look out for is the cable feeding the light and thermostat.

Yeah, I've already made holes for the taps in the door, and through the side for the gas line a few years back, but you know when you second guess yourself?

Even if there are some lines, the chance of them being in the shelf moldings are slim, right?

Latest posts

Back