First Brew - Kegged - Lively

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dizidave

Reaction score
My first ever beer brew was a Coopers Dark Ale, i followed instructions, left it for 2 weeks in germenter (seemed to be general advice on here).

I then kegged with 85g of sugar and left in the house for a week, then moved to garage.

I tried a glass at the weekend, it is extremely lively, after pulling inot a pint glass i think i had 20% beer, 80% foam (which obviously settled out), but it doesnt seem to be getting any less lively with the second glass.

Is this how these things tend to be out of a keg?

I only dare turn teh tap so far as im sure if i turned it all the way the barrel would jet off through the roof. :mrgreen:

The beer tastes quite good by the way :drink:

I've done nearly all the Coopers range of brews , i found the Coopers Dark Ale the same as what your getting ... all the other Cooper brews were fine that i did .
Yeah i done mine in bottles , so i had to pour into a jug first to let settle ... then pour into my pint glass , its a bit of a pain ... but as you said its not a bad pint .

You now need to master the art of the pour :party:

Just crack the tap open and let it dribble out into the glass. It may take a couple of minute to do that, then towards the end open the tap a little more to give it a bit of a blast to form a nice head on your pint. :thumb:

Well thats what I do for beer. Not so sure about Lager.

Either you need to develop the pouring knack or it's over carbonated from leftover sugar in the beer...that'll wear off, and kegs have a safety release anyway, so no worries :)

I tend to find that if it's too gassy,drinking about 10 pints very quickly means it becomes much less gassy,and also I stop caring about it.
Ian

Did you check the gravity to ensure that it had fermented out? If not then you may well have had some sugars left, which added to your priming sugar could well account for the liveliness.

Back