First brew, now in bottles

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fairbrew

Reaction score
I did my first brew 14 days ago. The fg reading has been the same since I tested on Monday(1012). On Wednesday I syphoned it into a clean fv and added finings and put back in the fridge at 10c. Today I bottled 10ltrs
and left the rest in the fv with a good squirt og co2 on top. Should the bottles now be kept at room temp for a week? Could I put them in the other fridge which has my second brew fermenting at 20c?
With the beer I have left should I now syphon into my corny and then sit this at room temp or leave it a few more days then put in the keg in the kegorator and chill it down?

hi and well done the hard part is now waiting ,yes put bottles in fridge if at 20c that's ideal , you need between 1 week and 2 , longer is better to make sure of a good fizz .you should transfer the rest to your corny and then force carb it that will give your brew the c02 needed for fizz you dont need to have corny brew warm as the only reason for that is so the yeast can convert the sugar you primed(your bottles not corny) and produce c02 , then the cold storage part is so the fizz (c02) can be pushed into the brew :)

Thanks pittsy,
That's just what I was after, I will keg the rest and stick it in the fridge. It's about 8c , I do like my beer chilled. The waiting will be the hard part. I will wait and might call it promotion ale, hopefully with a red & white label :pray:

No longer a homebrew virgin :clap:

Get another brew on asap, and keep sticking a brew on at least once a month. In a few months you will have loads of nicely conditioned beer and you will never run out :thumb: .

Cheers Neil

Already done #2 , it's been fermenting for 11days so far, didn't want to bore everyone with the details but all went well and learnt more again. Planning another towards the end of next week

fairbrew said:
Already done #2 , it's been fermenting for 11days so far, didn't want to bore everyone with the details but all went well and learnt more again. Planning another towards the end of next week

Keep 'em goin buddy, can't beat a decent stock of ale :cheers:

Back