First Ever Brew - Coopers Dark Ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rootsie

Reaction score
Annddd we'reeee off!

1kg of Young's Brewing Sugar went in along with a few pints of hot water. OG of 1.043. Yeast added at 1800 and now the FV is sitting at a comfortable 24 degrees or so.

Yes, I am writing this purely so that I stop playing with anything and wrecking the brew. I feel like a excited 4 year old! :lol:

well done. its not really a long tome to wait considering. but to pass the time you could always start another kit off... :whistle: :whistle:

Thanks guys. Is there a maximum time to leave the brew in the FV? The Coopers instructions say 5-10 days, but on this forum and other websites I've seen several posters saying you can leave it for 14 days or more in some cases!

I'm planning to give it a test around day 8 and wait until the hydrometer reading is the same three days in a row (bringing us to 11 days minimum before bottling).

A test around day 7 or 8 will be fine then again on say, day 10 and if its same readings,[as long as it at or near the expected fg] bottle it mate :thumb:

Finished my last litre bottle the other night, lovely dark liquorice tones, mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

The Tooheys Dark is also very good, I have 2 lined up.

Back