first go at a TC

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alandkell

Reaction score
my first try 1 gallon dj, 4 litres of apple juice from concentrate, first reading 1.052 yeast duplicating nicely! could be interesting assuming it works..... :thumb:

alandkell said:
first reading 1.052 yeast duplicating nicely!
That looks good to me :thumb:
You are heading for a cider of around 7% abv :drink: :drunk:
As 31bb3 said if it's a little dry for your taste add a little splenda or equivalent as it is unfermentable ;)
I also prime my TC with apple juice at the rate of 30ml per 500ml bottle, this gives the equivalent of 3g of sugar per bottle and gives a good level of carbonation :D

SLIGHT HIJACK :oops:
The last TC i made i put into a corney with gelatine, pulled a pint the other day after 2 weeks and it's got a bad haze, cloudier than when I kegged it...
Could it be the gelatine???
HIJACK OVER.
:thumb:

John

evanvine said:
:hmm: Sounds like you've had a secondary ferment!
If still not clear after 10 days taste it, and if you like it, filter it.
Best I can offer. :|

Thanks' ev
Taste fine, just got a bad haze! :cry:

It's still very hazy, took the lid off the corny to see it, looks like diesel :eek:

Can I buy owt to remove it or should I throw it away and put it down to a bad experience :hmm:
Could it be the gelatine, has anyone used gelatine on TC?

BB :cry:

BarnsleyBrewer said:
Could it be the gelatine, has anyone used gelatine on TC?
No, but I've used a slightly out-of-date gelatine from Mrs. Mole's ‘cooking odds & sods’ cupboard in an AG beer and think I might have phuk'd it up :(

It's the first time I've tried any sort of finings in a beer, it didn't work and the beer's still hazy after 2 months in the bottle. Tastes ever so slightly of Dettol too :sick:

well i have to say it looks great and tastes good too with some sweetning and that is before priming! :thumb: :D :D :party:

Latest posts

Back