first go at wow style and tc

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brycey

Regular.
Reaction score
Yesterday i had a go at making some wow style wine.I went with an apple and white grape variety as i thought the original recipe might be a bit sweet.It's been in the dj for abou t 24 hours and is bubbling away nicely.Really simple to put together so hopefully it turns out nice!

The TC is four litres of AJ and half a litre of cranberry with about 200g of sugar (og1058).This went in about 5 hours after the wine it's still got a big scummy layer on top but bubbling along nicely.

I know it's for a diffrent thread but i also stuck on an fv with Coopers European Lager.No sign of activity from the airlock but i think it's just the cheap fv that doesn't give a good seal,i had a wee peek in and there's a nice foamy layer on top so i think everything is ok.

Busy afternoon but much enjoyed!! :thumb:

Good for you - I'm yet to try a proper WOW - can't get hold of white grape juice but trying very hard, subbing with red at the moment lol :D

I know. I hate Tesco - and I have to drive to the Extra to get the white grape juice, the local metro doesn't have any. If I drive I will encounter a traffic jam, and I hate traffic jams too. And if I have to drive it is costing me more than 85p a litre to get cheap grape juice lol.

Not worth it for a WOW, but I'm sure I will get there soon. Got a tropical V8 to try on my first attempt, along with the normal Orange lol - can't wait :D

I notice you've done some kit wines,thinking of trying a couple are they any good?

Cheers
B

Yep they are very good. I started at the bottom and am working my way up...

I wouldn't bother with Youngs Winebuddy - drinkable but really not very nice.

Currently I'm drinking Cellar 7 Cabernet Sauvignon, which is quite nice, and also Cantina Pinot Grigio, which is lovely...

Next up, I'm going to try some higher end kits such as Kenridge. I'm deffo a Kit convert however :D

Cheers Kirsten

I think i'll start with a 6 bottle kit,does any of the one's you mentioned do a rioja style?

B

Not Rioja no, they do other types of Red though.

For the Rioja, you will need to go up one level to a Beaverdale kit, called Rojo Tinto, which takes about 4 weeks to be 'ready' to drink as far as I am aware.

:cheers:

Kirstin said:
Yep they are very good. I started at the bottom and am working my way up...

I wouldn't bother with Youngs Winebuddy - drinkable but really not very nice.

Currently I'm drinking Cellar 7 Cabernet Sauvignon, which is quite nice, and also Cantina Pinot Grigio, which is lovely...

Next up, I'm going to try some higher end kits such as Kenridge. I'm deffo a Kit convert however :D

Skip straight to Kenridge IMO. I've just made the Marlborough Sauv Blanc and it's amazing!! best kit I have ever made.

Latest posts

Back