First Partial Mash

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha, yes, it's got a bit lower than expected! About 6.1% now. Luckily the last few I've made are about 4.5%, so at least I can have more than a couple of those ones!

Well, it's been 5 days in the bottle and my will power has caved in, so had to have a little try. Success! It's actually really nice and has carb'd up well already. If I'm honest I was a bit wary of this, but I could happily sit here and drink a few of these. If I had to mark it down, I would say the aroma is not as strong as I'd like, so next time maybe increase the 0min addition, other than that, I'm chuffed!

Well, it's been 5 days in the bottle and my will power has caved in, so had to have a little try. Success! It's actually really nice and has carb'd up well already. If I'm honest I was a bit wary of this, but I could happily sit here and drink a few of these. If I had to mark it down, I would say the aroma is not as strong as I'd like, so next time maybe increase the 0min addition, other than that, I'm chuffed!

Nice one, tasting good after 5 days. Didn't you do a 135g Mosaic 7 day dry hop?!!!

I did indeed. I always use a bag for convenience, but I am beginning to wonder it this hampers the effect. I don't weigh it down either, so again this might not help.

Will now attempt to leave them alone until the end of the month!

Nice one Hops, if it's that good after five days...........Then how long will they last? ;)

Put up a pic, let's have a butchers at it.

There you go Larry, was drinking a couple of my kit beers, but they are a bit uninspiring, so did another quality check on this one.

IMG_20150522_205933.jpg

Very nice Hops, looks like a cracking pint and at 6.1% it'd be right up my street. When I said how long will they last I meant the whole brew and whatever time I had on it, now I've seen the picture, I've just halved it. I'd be looking for any excuse to get one of these in a glass. Fantastic job on your first partial mash, my 21L pot is in the post, I'll be coming to you for tips. I'd just like to give a big shout out to Marcarm, 21L stainless steel pot for £20 and he threw in the mash bag for free, what a Gent.

Top stuff! You got a good deal there! Wait til you make some beer in it, you'll be glad you did! My tips are - give yourself a clear morning/afternoon/evening so you have plenty of time, make sure 'er in doors isn't about to distract you from your craft and try to drink your kit beers before you make any as they really don't compare. For anything more technical, best ask clibit!

Latest posts

Back