First premium wine kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fleximous

Reaction score
Hello,

I have just had delivered "Vintners Reserve World Vineyard - Chilean Merlot", which is a 30bottle kit, which costs £55.

I have been advised this wine should be made and then left for 12 months, and it'll then taste similar to a £20 bottle of wine that you would usually buy off the shelf. Because of this I thought I would give it a go!

Link to kit: http://www.balliihoo.co.uk/vintners...-30-bottle-red-wine-ingredient-kit-p-577.html

This is only the third wine I have ever home brewed (and I'm new to home brewing in all), so was just after any tips people have who have used this kit or similar.

I know it comes with instructions, but I have already learnt there are often better ways of doing kits without following the instructions line by line. Like dont put all the water in until 4 days after its been fermenting etc.

Thanks

You must have the patience of a saint, i could not wait 12 months for a wine to mature unless i was making something that finishes faster and i could drink while i waited for it.

You must have the patience of a saint, i could not wait 12 months for a wine to mature unless i was making something that finishes faster and i could drink while i waited for it.

Yeah I guess so, though I'm not a big wine drinker so it shouldn't be too hard. I also have a "Beaverdale Merlot" kit fermenting, so that can be drank in the interim.

Make sure you let us know how good it is next year!

Will do!

I made the 30 bottle beaverdale merlot and it definitely needs to be aged more (its 3 months old now) there rojo tinto is very good as soon as its finished. Just so you know the one you are doing now is made by the same guys as beaverdale but have a higher grape content.

Back