First timer

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blasphemous

Reaction score
Hello lads/lasses.

I've had a look through the forum but can't see a thread or area for 'new starters'. Can anyone point me toward information I'll need to set up ie what I'll need to buy and how to carry out a home brew?

I'm interested in doing wine. I'd love to do some sparking wine but I guess that's very complicated.

Thank you in advance.

Maybe one of the mods could move this to Introduce Yourself so it gets more views?

wine making in general is here

A good place to start would be Wurzel's Orange Wine (WOW) here is a guide that resident expert Moley put together. I only really make beer but I did make a DJ of WOW once and it turned out well, i thought. Nice easy one to start with.

Not sure about sparkling wine, in beer making you just prime the bottles with a little sugar for the yeast to turn into CO2. Careful with how much sugar though and remember that you will need champagne bottles as the normal ones will explode under pressure. I guess you would need special corks and/or those little cage things over your corks too.

If you are interested in doing beer, I'd start with kits. See here and here

Thanks Mumbler :thumb:

Welcome Blasphemous :cheers:

There is a topic here about fizzy wines, and which contains a few links to other information elsewhere, but I would respectfully suggest that you learn to walk before you try running.

Back