first turbo

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No there is a relief valve on the inlet which lets pressure out at a certain point, this is to stop the pressure from getting too high and causing damage to the keg but it also means that the pressure doesn't get high enough to carbonate to the point of making the product "sparkle"

Cheers Wez! I also have 4x500ml brown beer bottles sitting around. Might it be prudent to fill these this evening too and cap them to see if it sparkles or will I really be making ticking timebombs if the brew hasn't yet finished fermenting?

I prefer to bottle when beer has finished fermenting then add priming sugar so i'm more in control of the pressure build up, I have been sent beer to sample that has been bottled too early and the bottles exploded, was just lucky the kids were nowhere near when they went off :shock: too risky for me.

hypnoticmonkey said:
Never experienced this exploding malarky myself, so I'm getting more and more cautious of it as I hear more about it!
The kegs are fitted with Pressure Relief Valve which off loads at about 12 psi.

Latest posts

Back