Fixings for eBay Purchased 200 litre kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soggydog

Reaction score
I’ve recently bought a 200 litre kit which is missing most of the necessary connections and has only 3 feet of 13mm (internal diameter) tube. As I have only used basic brewstore connections I’m struggling.
The outlet from the kettle, HLT, and mash tun have a 1-inch BSP connection.
Currently there are valves with a 1-inch BSP male connection to the vessels, but the male connection at the outlet of the valve looks similar in size but is a different fitting with a wider thread.
Can anyone help in identifying this connection? Also should I stick to the 13mm (internal diameter) tubing as I have loads of 1/2 inch barb and BSP connections
Here’s a picture...
Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers
Mike

Attachments

• 1362C6E2-3E3D-4F2C-A7E4-4D3EE3F59E63.png
    1362C6E2-3E3D-4F2C-A7E4-4D3EE3F59E63.png
    154.4 KB · Views: 131
I run a 200LITRE brewhouse with 1/2” connections, no problems at all with flow rate etc.

Given you have barbs Etc I’d go 1/2”

Looks like NPT (m) thread to me...
That would make sense.
Thanks for the info.
I’ve had a look through my usual sites and can’t find a 306 / 316 adapter to get it back to a 1inch BSP to attach my 1/2 inch barbs though.
Any suggestions for the place for connectors/adapters?
I’ve been using Maltmiller/BrewUK/ AngelBrew and RS Connections.

I run a 200LITRE brewhouse with 1/2” connections, no problems at all with flow rate etc.

Given you have barbs Etc I’d go 1/2”
Great to hear it works!
It might make sense for me to just buy new valves then.
Could you advise a good supplier of valves and tube?

check with a few thread tables as found in the bsp wikipedea entry for thread measurements minor/major diameter, and thread pitch but im pretty sure that upto about 1-1/2" size BSP and NTP threads are fairly similar, I am using a few 1/2" ntp threads on US kit like the hop/rims rocket with 1/2" bsp counterparts ok..

check with a few thread tables as found in the bsp wikipedea entry for thread measurements minor/major diameter, and thread pitch but im pretty sure that upto about 1-1/2" size BSP and NTP threads are fairly similar, I am using a few 1/2" ntp threads on US kit like the hop/rims rocket with 1/2" bsp counterparts ok..
My female 1 inch BSP female connector wouldn’t get anywhere near the thread of the valve so maybe it’s somethjng else.

My female 1 inch BSP female connector wouldn’t get anywhere near the thread of the valve so maybe it’s somethjng else.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Standard_Pipe#Pipe_thread_sizes
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_pipe_thread#Standard_sizes

ntp 1" 33.4mm outside diameter
bsp 1" 33.24 major diameter

.2 mm difference with something like 2-3mm between minor and major thread diameters

and 0.1mm difference in thread pitch

use the linked to tables to match the thread..

Latest posts

Back