My Fermzilla All Rounder has arrived!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I purchased some Teflon coated magnets one for the inside of the fermzilla and one for the outside. Neodymium seems to be the norm these days anyway.

sorry for more dum questions, after fermentation has finished, cold crash prior to force carbonation. after i add the gas in at correct pressure do i have to leave gas connected, as i won't be able to leave in fermentation fridge to maintain temp as no room. or is it ok to leave outside of fridge but with gas connected.

Are you talking about keeping gas connected whilst cold crashing? If so why don't you just over pressurise, then disconnect gas and cold crash? No need to keep the gas connected that way.

sorry i guess i haven't explained it properly, in my fermentation fridge there will not be room for an allrounder and gas bottle. So my question is after i cold crash and add carbonation gas do i put it back in fridge to keep at cold temp without gas connected or leave gas connected but with both outside of fridge which means that the brew would warm to ambient temp. Would this affect the carbonation? should as you suggest over pressure(by how much) place back in fridge and just keep topping up gas as needed and keep at carbonation temp.

Are you serving from your all-rounder? You could just set to serving pressure, then everytime you pour a beer give it a squirt with gas? Otherwise you could use some smaller 3/16 gas line and put it through the door seal?

But yes I'd keep it in the fridge ideally, you wouldn't want it up at room temp.

and its me again this time its about lines both gas and beer, from the gas cyclinder via regulator to allrounder just to gas up ( what size) thinking of using doutight type connectors if available in this country or JG. could i use the same size for the beer transfer. I will not be using kegs as i intend to bottle via beer gun, there maybe transfer to another allrounder in the future so that would be under pressure to

sorry i guess i haven't explained it properly, in my fermentation fridge there will not be room for an allrounder and gas bottle. So my question is after i cold crash and add carbonation gas do i put it back in fridge to keep at cold temp without gas connected or leave gas connected but with both outside of fridge which means that the brew would warm to ambient temp. Would this affect the carbonation? should as you suggest over pressure(by how much) place back in fridge and just keep topping up gas as needed and keep at carbonation temp.
Will you be using the fridge for another brew? If not then you could drill a hole in the side of the fridge and run your gas line through that, leaving the all rounder safely inside.
If you want the space in the fridge for another brew, then depending on what you're brewing you would be ok leaving it at ambient, certainly at this time of year.
I'm in a similar position, trying to get a lot of brews done and kegged before Christmas and I am planning on leaving my darker brews, stouts, English bitters etc. on the floor of my shed and letting them take their chances with ambient. I have never liked ice cold beer anyway, though for lagers I'm happier if they are chilled

and its me again this time its about lines both gas and beer, from the gas cyclinder via regulator to allrounder just to gas up ( what size) thinking of using doutight type connectors if available in this country or JG. could i use the same size for the beer transfer. I will not be using kegs as i intend to bottle via beer gun, there maybe transfer to another allrounder in the future so that would be under pressure to
JG seems more common here. Personally I think the 3/16 gas line is fine for gassing up. For the beer line it depends on carbonation, line length, and type of tap used. I use flow control taps and 3/8 beer line in my kegerator which works for me. Might be worth experimenting with your set up.

look lads I'm very sorry if i am sounding stupid but what i want to do is ferment my ales at normal pressure some hope ales under pressure likewise lagers. Then i want to force carbonate and then bottle straight from keg to bottle using a beer gun. so my question is after cold crashing allow the the brew to come to carbonating temp and pressure. but i am unable to keep at low temp and gas on at the same time. Should i apply said pressure and then keep topping up daily for the set number of days or over pressure and see what it settles out at?

look lads I'm very sorry if i am sounding stupid but what i want to do is ferment my ales at normal pressure some hope ales under pressure likewise lagers. Then i want to force carbonate and then bottle straight from keg to bottle using a beer gun. so my question is after cold crashing allow the the brew to come to carbonating temp and pressure. but i am unable to keep at low temp and gas on at the same time. Should i apply said pressure and then keep topping up daily for the set number of days or over pressure and see what it settles out at?
To be honest I don't think it matters which approach. If you have time probably just top up to your wanted carbonation pressure, then top it up to that pressure every day. This way you don't risk overcarbonating. If you want to do it quicker you could overpressurise the first couple of times, then just drop to your wanted pressure.

Thanks RGeats that's probably what i will try for the first time, could you tell me for how may days i should do this. I have the chart but it doesn't mention for how long it should be carried out. also earlier you mentioned running a 3/16 line through the door seal would this not effect the sealing of the fridge?
Thanks again for all your help

Depending if you are fermenting under pressure or not. If not under pressure it could take a week or so.

I don't think the 3/16 line would affect the seal enough to notice. Lots of people run lines or wires through the door seal.

I can't say I envy you bottling a whole brew from your all rounder. I do 8 bottles (500ml) from each brew so that the rest can fit in a corny keg, and to be honest it is an absolute pain. Admittedly I'm not using a proper beer gun. I tried doing it with a cheapo Blichman imitation gun from Ali Express and that was way too awkward for more than a few bottles. Now, I either do it with a picnic tap or a bottling wand on the end of a hose attached to the liquid out post, but if I was planning on bottling a whole batch I would go back to my old plastic FV with a tap on the bottom and a bottling wand attached to that. I love my all rounder but not as an FV for beer that's going into a bottle.

Back