flavoured cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeromeserena

Reaction score
hi all
another wee query if i may.
have made quite a few ciders now and all quite enjoyable. a couple of werrys (which i find quite malty tasting) and i have a lager kit on from wilko,s and from first tasting i think it will be very nice.
i find that the flavoured cider is a bit short on flavour, i have read somewhere to add flavour at the end.
i made a batch of irn bru cider not much irn bru flavour at all but still a nice cider.
my point.
if i make a turbo and add malic acid when would i add flavour.
i am putting a few on towards the end of summer and intend leaving them till next summer.
as always any advice would be great

I'm still pretty new to this myself and have just started drinking my first batch of tc flavoured with lowicz syrup. Although there is a raspberry after taste, its not quite as strong as I would have liked. With my next batch, instead of priming the bottles with sugar, I am going to prime them with the equivelant amount of syrup, if my calculations are correct around 8ml will be the equivelant to 5g or a teaspoon of sugar. Fingers crossed this will help retain more of the raspberry flavour as it won't ferment out.

I'm still really impressed with it though as this was my first ever batch of tc, gave a bottle to my dad and he couldn't believe how good it was.

Back