floating sediment normal?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sqrson

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Just bottled my Evil Dog Double IPA last weekend and I've noticed smth a bit disturbing. Didnt have enough 500ml glass bottles so filled 3 plastic 1L pet bottles. Now, all small bottles look good, but on those 3x1L bottles there is a sediment gathering on top of beer. I gave it a gentle swirl yesterday and it dissolved, but looked at them today and it's back again :? . There isnt a lot of it, but I am a bit concerned as none of my previous brews done that. All bottles well cleaned and sanitised so 'leftovers' shouldnt be an issue. Is it normal?

Never noticed, but tbh my bottles are normal tucked away somewhere dark and warm. I wouldn't swirl it, as that might be counter productive and bring up some of the sediment from the bottom.

Just leave them. 3 weeks in the warm, then cold condition if you can for as long as you can. I really don't think it'd be anything to worry about.

I always get that with any top fermenting yeast. Get a ring around the edge of the liquid too sometimes. Still tastes like beer though :)

Back