Force carbonating

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theboytony

Regular.
Reaction score
I put my lager into my corny about 5 days ago, and force carbonated it by turning the reg of my co2 upto 35psi and rocked it for a couple of minutes, turned the gas off and rocked it till the pressure dropped to 15psi then left it for 24hrs before dropping the pressure down to 6psi and leaving it. I've just been reading up on force carbonating HERE and thought for scientific purposes I should test it to see what it is like, the lager is very nice even though it is warm but it goes flat quite quick and the bubbles in it are quite large, I poured it slowly so it didn't froth up. now should I try force carbonating it again or just put my keg in the fridge, stop pratting with it and see what it is like in a week. All the force carbonating was done at room temperature because I got all excited about having my first corny and wanted to play :D

I force carb Turbo Cider to get it fizzy, it comes out how I'd want a lager too (but I dont drink lager)

I just leave it conected to the reg at 20PSI for a week and it turns out great. Thats at around 12c

cheers wez, I think I will put my corny in the fridge and have another go when i finish my next set of shifts on monday. i had a look at the chart that i found in my last post and 20psi at 12c should give about 2.5 volumes of co2 which is spot on for a lager according to the table in this link that varnish gave me for working out pipe lengths :cheers:

Latest posts

Back