Foundation Kits

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fazzer

Reaction score
So after a bit of advice from @Alastair70 i decided to give a foundation kit a go.
See if i can get closer to AG with the extra work.
This is the one i decided to give a go -
https://www.geterbrewed.com/vic-secret-pale-ale-beer-kit/And here is a lovely photo of the ingredients.

I've just followed the instructions, there was an abv guide for either 20l or 25l so i split the difference and went 22l.
Has anyone done these kits?
Any thoughts on the results?
I'm looking forward to seeing any difference.

20220918_100117.jpg

So after a bit of advice from @Alastair70 i decided to give a foundation kit a go.
See if i can get closer to AG with the extra work.
This is the one i decided to give a go -
https://www.geterbrewed.com/vic-secret-pale-ale-beer-kit/And here is a lovely photo of the ingredients.

I've just followed the instructions, there was an abv guide for either 20l or 25l so i split the difference and went 22l.
Has anyone done these kits?
Any thoughts on the results?
I'm looking forward to seeing any difference.

View attachment 75091
A mate of mine brewed the Cascade kit, it came out really well. I wouldn't have pegged it as a kit if I didn't already know what it was.

Enjoy!

Earlier this year I did the Rye IPA kit just out of curiosity - never had any beer made with rye.
Link: Rye IPA Foundation Beer Ingredient Kit - Get Er Brewed
Easy process, good instructions. Not being familiar with rye IPAs I looked at some examples of the style on various (mainly US) websites and I expected the colour to come out like most IPAs, just a bit darker, but mine was darker than Guinness! But very nice taste, aroma and expected strength.
I did query this (not a complaint!) with Geterbrewed and the feedback from the brewer there was that the suppliers confirmed the recipe was correct. Have quite a few bottles left and happy to continue enjoying it. See pic below.
20220602_141851007_iOS.jpg

That's really interesting.
I was looking at the rye kit, for something a bit different, and really surprised it's that dark.
Glad you posted that as I will probably give it a miss for now and go for something a bit lighter.

Latest posts

Back