Freecycle...a brewers best friend!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CptnCrackoff

Regular.
Reaction score
Freecycle is definatly my friend...for life!!

I put up one request last week for beer/winemaking stuff, this week i had already collected ...

1x heatpad
1x hydro
5x demijohns
4x airlocks
1x corking machine
1x capper
1x fv bucket

last night i had an email saying someone had a dozen bottles they no longer wanted, when i finished work and popped round they had a few more... my fingers were crossed for 40 (i'm a kit brewer!!) i know i was pushing my luck...then i saw them.... Brown tall necked Beer bottles, the sort you buy, not re-used old bottles... ALL 45 OF THEM!!

I raise a glass to Freecycle!!!
:drink:

now...have i got anything to brew..... :wha:

i got my first boiler of freecycle (50litre burco) and loads of dj`s too :thumb:

Our local Freecycle is pretty ****, but even so I did get 9 DJs, a gallon stoneware cider jug (which has been used for still TC, mainly if we're going out on the boat and especially if I know we'll be meeting any of our boating forum friends), a trial jar and a couple of hydrometers and a few other bits and pieces.

Nice haul Captain :thumb:

I too usually draw a blank, apart from the time I asked for demijohns. It seems the world & his wife have at least six in their garage/outhouse/cellar. Delete as applicable :shock:

I got rid of three Plastic Kegs and 20+ demijohns last year via free cycle.

I've put two requests out for gear on our local one - not one single reply. Maybe that's why there are no LHBS in London - errr... or the other way around! :D

Loving Freecycle, I'll be collecting 11 Demijohns tomorrow. (Taunton, Somerset Group)

I'm on there too - do other users find it slow to navigate around like me?

I've just signed up for their 'Daily Digest' email.

Then its just a quick case of searching thru the emails using Outlook/Thunderbird/whatever for the items you are keeping an eye open for.

I never actually visit the website.

Don't forget that UK freecycle is now Freegle . . . and likewise I just get individual emails into my freegle account with filters on to alert me when offers for fridges and freezers or wants for homebrew stuff come up . . . everything else is for deletion :D

Ah, thanks for that Aleman.

Just looked at my region tho, and it hasnt got a group. Freecycle seems to be much more active in my area.

Latest posts

Back