Fried Bread

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another member of the bacon pan club here.
Most eateries just drop it in tge deep fat drier though and it's usually pretty good.

Black pudding and haggis...love em! In the west coast of Scotland the "square sausage" is very popular, and you can buy it with a circle of black pud in the center
SlilcedSausageBlackPudding-2335.jpg

cwiseman77 said:
Black pudding and haggis...love em! In the west coast of Scotland the "square sausage" is very popular, and you can buy it with a circle of black pud in the center
SlilcedSausageBlackPudding-2335.jpg

Love my square slice... my girlfriend is from Ayrshire and she introduced me to it. Everytime we're over we buy at least a kilo of it and bring it home to freeze. It's a heart attack waiting to happen but by buggery it's good!

I'm not a fan of fried bread of any kind with my fry up, I'd much rather have a toasted soda farl anyday. And potato products. Sauteed potatoes, hash browns or chips. Mmmmm. :thumb:

My ma used to make those, although she never understood the concept of getting the oil hot enough so they were usually mushy soggy messes. That's probably where my hatred of fried bread comes from :sick:

narmour said:
My ma used to make those, although she never understood the concept of getting the oil hot enough so they were usually mushy soggy messes.

Yup, the oils gotta be very hot and as the breads dropped into the pan it should sizzle right away :thumb:

My way is use the same pan as the rest was cooked in don't go ott with oil or it gets to greasy whack the bread in press it down with a spatula so it sears it the turn over and repeat remove bit of brown sauce

Frogfurlong said:
narmour said:
they were usually mushy soggy messes. That's probably where my hatred of fried bread comes from :sick:

Proper fried bread should be harder than the plate it's sitting on :lol:

If you do that with soda farls you have something that will break the knife :shock:

narmour said:
Frogfurlong said:
narmour said:
they were usually mushy soggy messes. That's probably where my hatred of fried bread comes from :sick:

Proper fried bread should be harder than the plate it's sitting on :lol:

If you do that with soda farls you have something that will break the knife :shock:

But it works well to mop up the grease and jippo from the tomatoes, mushrooms and egg, softens to a decent crunch without making your teeth tremble in fear :lol:

Latest posts

Back