Fullers 2008 vintage

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horners

Landlord.
Reaction score
Was chatting to a bloke from the finance department at work who I share the odd pint with of a lunch time - he only drinks Guinness but out of the blue mentioned a case of Fullers he'd been given a few years ago. I said I think ive seen that mentioned that sort of thing on the HBF and sounds like it might be one thats quite sought after. Anyway he brings a bottle in boxed for me and turns out they are knocking them out on Fullers online shop for £100 each. Are they really worth this much? Cant see any on Fleabay etc.

Should I drink it - is it worth harvesting the yeast not that that is something ive tried yet.

Should he sit tight on the rest of case, he'll never drink them they were just gathering dust until the chance conversation.

Lov Fullers Ales and yes a 2008 bottle could be ok. As long as is a strong Ale .but as for saving the yeast could be a problem because the big boys Guard their primary yeast stain and will bottle with different stain ..... but not always!

Well what is worth? It's worth what someone will pay for it. Personally I'd give you £5-10, to me it's worth no more but to others it may be worth more.

Fuller's yeast is readily available from 1845, Bengal Lancer and can be bought commercially from White Labs and Wyeast so it's not really worth saving.

I've got a a fair selection of Vintage Ales at home, Fuller's think they're "worth" >£3000. It's bonkers of course (IMHO), and I'm planning on drinking them (with friends) in a sequence. The last time we tried it, the older the beers were the better they were, with almost no exceptions. They mostly resembled Fuller's other main beers (Pride, ESB, 1845), with of course added complexity and strength. Quite subtle flavours compared to the "modern" barrel-aged and uber-hopped specimens.

I've got a bottle of the 2017 vintage, was planning on keeping it another 2 or 3 years, before drinking on some special occasion. Looking at the link to the Fuller's shop, I think I paid about the same for it last xmas in Waitrose, as it's listed for now.

Drink it yourself or keep it a while before drinking it yourself! I had a Fullers vintage at 18 years old (it was a 1998) a few years ago, possibly the best beer I've had. That stuff ages beautifully in my experience.

I've got a a fair selection of Vintage Ales at home, Fuller's think they're "worth" >£3000. It's bonkers of course (IMHO)

I have a 2010 which they sell for £80. I'll maybe wait until it's ten years old before drinking.

I'm assuming they don't intend to sell the old ones at that price (though they'll obviously take the cash if someone wants to buy it!). I assume listing them online for high prices is a business trick to make the new ones more appealing to buy?

Latest posts

Back