funnest cider ever lol/..`

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

norfolk brew

Reaction score
my freind and i tried the turbo cider . mines 5% abv went round his and treid his last night he got ******, and slept like a horse . took my hydro meter round tonight his came out at 0% abv lol he didnt put any sugar in just apple juice and alisons dried yeast . yet he was drunk last night, i spent about a hour ripping him about him getting ****** on 0% abv cider, lol . love it. no idea why he felt drunk.. that was the only thing he had drunk in the day . :lol:

yeah dam right i ripped him for a good hour. he swears he was drunk and said it must of lost its %abv in the fridge when it got cold. lol. love it. :cheers:

Am I being exceptionally dense, or missing some sort of private joke because I just don't get it?

How can you measure his alcohol content with a hydrometer, unless you took his Original Gravity?

If he mixed apple juice and yeast, how can he not have made alcohol?

was just about to say the same thing moley
apple juice has sugar in it and sugar ferments to alcohol plus the hydrometer takes the gravity reading not a alcohol reading and going by my charts his cider would have been about 5 as well so he probably was drunk ,now who's the fool

norfolk brew said:
my freind and i tried the turbo cider . mines 5% abv went round his and treid his last night he got ******, and slept like a horse . took my hydro meter round tonight his came out at 0% abv lol he didnt put any sugar in just apple juice and alisons dried yeast . yet he was drunk last night, i spent about a hour ripping him about him getting ****** on 0% abv cider, lol . love it. no idea why he felt drunk.. that was the only thing he had drunk in the day . :lol:

To get the ABV you need to take a reading at the start before adding yeast, then take a reading after fermentation has finished, if your friends Cider is indicating 0% alcohol on your hydrometer, then the chances are that his yeast has used up all the sugar in his apple juice and he may actually have a stronger brew than you!

However there is no way of telling the alcohol content of his cider now due to no reading before start of fermentation, without using some expensive equipment.

Therefore I would suggest you drink some of his TC yourself and see if "you" get P*ssed on it b4 you announce to the world what a d*ck he is, as it may turn out that you are the D*ck for not knowing how to read how much alcohol is in a drink.

UP

must....resisit...making...comment...about...people....from...norfolk....gnnnnnn!!

I'd actually be quite interested to hear what OP thinks cider, as bought in the shop, is made off.

In the West country ( other parts of the world are available ).
They just squash apples and dont add anything else!!
And most of the fellas on that gear get well wobbly.

Hugh Furry Whitingstall ( or summat ) did too! :drink:

norfolk brew said:
yeah dam right i ripped him for a good hour. he swears he was drunk and said it must of lost its %abv in the fridge when it got cold. lol. love it. :cheers:

WOW I'm serving my beer warm from now on I don't want to lose my % :shock: Also I'm going to start drinking ice cold vodka cos it must be just water at that temperature :thumb:

Think you need to sober up, and learn to to make hydrometer readings and when to make them.
Apple juice would normally be around 1.050 so if it's fermented to 1.010 it's still 5.3% so yours with sugar will be alot higher more like 8%.

Oh and if your using a spirit hydrometer it won't be an accurate reading either they are only good from 20% to 100%

I've just bottled a turbo cider to which I added NO sugar and thats come out at 6.1% :D

OG of 1.048
FG of 1.002

he measured before and after and works out no alchol at all. i have drunk his and theres no alcohl what so ever ,. he drun k it last night and didnt get a light head or any thing . its got no alcohol what so ever. im naff with working the hydro meter but his misses seemed to know what she was doing. all it tastes of was apple juice . didnt taste a cider taste .

and yes we took the orignal gravty reading of the yeast and apple juice , to work out a avarge. but you cant hide a plain taste ,. of power yeast and apple juice. you can taste when some thing is brewed . and a diffrewnts between a pint of normal apple juice.

if hes got a reading of 0% on the hydro its fermeted the sugar out i dont think you can get none sugar apple juice so it must have some percentage otherwise when you put the hydro in it woukld sit at about 1.040 - 1.050 ish

if its 1.000 its got to be cider

From what i can make out so far you went to your mate's house on wed 14th and he got ****** on his cider.Next day said cider is non alcoholic so why don't you just go round on wednesday's so he can get ****** at least once a week :?:. :rofl:

Latest posts

Back