garage bar

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulcunny

Reaction score
Hi all
i'm pretty new to homebrewing & am looking to build a bar in my garage! i was wondering if anyone could give me advice on setting up a bar with pressure barrels! as i was lucky enough to be given a few, i would like to set up like with the cornelius kegs, but with pressure barrels, is this possible? as i dont really want to fork out lots of money for corny kegs!
Cheers
Paul

check out this thread for a few pics of folks bars and dispensing ways, I think most folks go for cornys due to their reliability over pressure barrels.

you can use some silicone tube to connect the PB spout to beerline and a font and tap as u would find in a pub easily enough, but the feature of a PB and its gas supply (bulb or bottle top ups) is a varying pressure inside the barrel where pub fonts n taps do perform better when supplied with beer at a constant pressure.

a PB is a complete storage/serving solution, with its own set of 'features'
such as the varying pressure mentioned above which results in a different pour for every pint requiring the gaining of the knack ;)

cornys are just the storage aspect of a storage and dispensing system, what you might find yourself doing is constructing a bar with all the complexity of a corny style system without all of the benefits, and all the features of a PB

if you are dead set on giving it a go i have a few x pub branded fonts n taps surplus to requirements strongbow carlsberg, carling, etc pm me if interested..

Latest posts

Back