Gas fitting alternative?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pms67

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi
The John Guest (I think that’s what it’s called) fitting on my gas regulator keeps breaking, seems to get very brittle then just crumble and I’m getting fed up buying them, anyone got a better method of connecting?
Apologies if this is just obvious to most. 4B629A7A-CE95-4A55-8603-688D1E73F815.jpeg21E0DDF7-A846-4B07-8FB0-317160E761FA.jpeg

Hi
The John Guest (I think that’s what it’s called) fitting on my gas regulator keeps breaking, seems to get very brittle then just crumble and I’m getting fed up buying them, anyone got a better method of connecting?
Apologies if this is just obvious to most.View attachment 22290View attachment 22291
What exactly is the fitting doing? The grey threaded part that is.

Any ideas why they keep going brittle? I’ve not had any fittings fail yet.

What regulator are you using so I can try and advise accordingly?

I would go to a metal fitting as it may be the cold temperatures that are killing it. Does it need to swivel or be an elbow?
Quite a lot of the pneumatic fittings are metal for the threaded section then plastic for the push fit section, but you can get all metal too.
What size pipe are you using, and what size is the threaded section? Be careful with the pipe size as 6mm is standard to brewing but 1/4" is standard for water filters for some reason. One will fit the other (badly) but not the other way around.

I would go to a metal fitting as it may be the cold temperatures that are killing it. Does it need to swivel or be an elbow?
Quite a lot of the pneumatic fittings are metal for the threaded section then plastic for the push fit section, but you can get all metal too.
What size pipe are you using, and what size is the threaded section? Be careful with the pipe size as 6mm is standard to brewing but 1/4" is standard for water filters for some reason. One will fit the other (badly) but not the other way around.
I think the grey pipe is 10mm? The elbow says 3/8
Does it need to be that type of pipe?
How do you guys connect from your regulator to pipe that feeds the quick disconnect gas post on your keg?
A couple of pictures would be soooo appreciated
Cheers

Latest posts

Back