gas supplier in SE Scotland?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairybiker

Landlord.
Reaction score
Given the rising cost of getting SS bottles refilled, I am thinking about going to a 6lb bottle. Does anybody know of a supplier that will "sell"a co2 bottle to a normal user in SE Scotland?

Russel gas should be able to sort you out.

I think they have a place in Sighthill in Edinburgh as well as one in Larbert, near falkirk.

I use the one in Larbert, where I live. I pay a one off cost to get the full C02 cylinder and then a monthly cost. I can't remember what the exact costs are but it's probably about £12-£15 for the gas and about £2.50 a month rental.

I explained what I wanted the gas for the first time I enquired and they had no issues supplying me, they set me up with an account and job done.

They send me a bill every month which is a bit of a nusiance. I tend to bung them £20-30 every so often to top up my account so that I'm in credit. I don't want to **** them off!

Stuart

Hmm was hoping for something without the "High" rental cost - or is that normal now. Given that my gas refills cost about £20/year getting a bottle @ £30 doesn't make sense. :shock:

thats weird i phoned russell gas for the first time this morning and they were very helpful, i found out when i got home my dad had got us a full pub gas bottle for £8 from the local! ideal!

Back