General election

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If they called a general election who would you vote for? (based on graph below)

• Labour

• Conservative

• Lib Dem

• Green

• Reform

Results are only viewable after voting.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If they called a general election who would you vote for?
(based on graph below)

1681756140115.png

In reality, I live in a strongly conservative area. And our broken first past the post system means effectively I get to vote for "Tory", or "not Tory" by voting for whoever comes second (which historically has always been by a comfy margin too), or throw my vote away.

I can't remember whether it's labour or lib dem who is normally second here, but that's who I've voted for the last 2 elections. It's a broken system

In reality, I live in a strongly conservative area. And our broken first past the post system means effectively I get to vote for "Tory", or "not Tory" by voting for whoever comes second (which historically has always been by a comfy margin too), or throw my vote away.

I can't remember whether it's labour or lib dem who is normally second here, but that's who I've voted for the last 2 elections. It's a broken system

Spot on the system needs changing but i fear it never will be.

Spot on the system needs changing but i fear it never will be.
I have gone from living in a guaranteed Labour seat to living in a guaranteed Tory seat.

If an election was tomorrow I would vote labour as I feel we need a serious change ( I am voting with blind hope that things will be better)

But to be honest it as said above FPTP just feels you are drowned out by the masses where you live.. They will never change it because it would be turkeys voting for xmas.

None of the above. Where are the SNP and Plaid? Or even the NI parties.
Yn wir. Dwi’n ddigon ffodus i gael dewis etholaeth i bleidleisio ynddi (dim ond mewn un alla i bleidleisio). Os byddaf yn pleidleisio yng Cymru, byddaf yn pleidleisio i'r Plaid Cymru er iddynt gostio braich a choes i mi yn y dreth gyngor!

Translated -
Truly. I'm lucky enough to have a choice of constituency to vote in (I can only vote in one). If I vote in Wales, I will vote for Plaid Cymru even though they cost me an arm and a leg in council tax!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yn wir. Dwi’n ddigon ffodus i gael dewis etholaeth i bleidleisio ynddi (dim ond mewn un alla i bleidleisio). Os byddaf yn pleidleisio yng Cymru, byddaf yn pleidleisio i'r Plaid Cymru er iddynt gostio braich a choes i mi yn y dreth gyngor!
Is Plaid Cymru still an independence party?

agreed... don't give up hope. I live in a safe labour seat until a conservative chap by the name of byron got in by a handful. He was soon shown the door by our pitbull of an mp and she was re-elected. so it could work in reverse for you.

Indeed, you can't slide a cigarette paper between Labour and the Tories nowadays. I won't be voting Labour. I'll more than likely vote Green.
In the Blair days of new labour, I would have agreed with you. But the Tories have moved so far over to the right these days that the Home Secretary can be overtly racist without raising an eyebrow. Yes, labour have moved a lot to the middle, but the Tories have swung to the far-right to grab the UKIP vote and placate their backbenchers.

Latest posts

Back