Local Elections 2022

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It was obvious the Tories were going to get a bloody nose do you think labour can push on and have a very good chance of winning the election?

ddddddd.jpg

1651854430566.png
1651854914496.png

Last edited:
This is a worry considering how badly the Tories are doing at running the country.

eee.jpg

I’ve just heard the most arrogant response to losing a Council seat, from the leader of the Conservatives in Lincoln:

Losing a seat on Lincoln Council
isn’t a problem. We are still
in charge and we will win it
back next year.
”​

Apparently, this dickhead knows that the voting public in Lincoln will keep voting for him and his ilk - no matter how badly they perform.

I pray he’s got things totally wrong and at the next Council election he loses his seat; and we rid ourselves of the local Conservative MP when he comes up for re-election!
athumb.. athumb..

Looks like Sinn Fein set to be largest party in Northern Ireland assembly.
First time a nationalist party has done so in Northern Ireland's 100 year existence.

Labour needs to give an optimistic alternative to the present government if they are to succeed.

Looks like Sinn Fein set to be largest party in Northern Ireland assembly.
First time a nationalist party has done so in Northern Ireland's 100 year existence.

Labour needs to give an optimistic alternative to the present government if they are to succeed.
It's definitely a watershed in the history of Ireland. Hopefully we get an Ireland that works for everyone. Forget the past and shape the future

Chippy, Do you want to broaden out the tile of this thread? You included an image of Scotland yourself and northern Ireland seems to be popular. 😁

It's definitely a watershed in the history of Ireland. Hopefully we get an Ireland that works for everyone. Forget the past and shape the future

It is symbolic but going by latest predictions as I write, it actually looks like the nationalist vote may actually have decreased in terms of actual votes

SFs gains look like being over compensated by the SDLPs losses. It’s the Unionist vote being split that has given SF the top spot.

For me the most encouraging thing is the alliance party’s performance. How good would it be if sectarianism was taken out of day to day politics!

It is symbolic but going by latest predictions as I write, it actually looks like the nationalist vote may actually have decreased in terms of actual votes

SFs gains look like being over compensated by the SDLPs losses. It’s the Unionist vote being split that has given SF the top spot.

For me the most encouraging thing is the alliance party’s performance. How good would it be if sectarianism was taken out of day to day politics!
The over all vote is down, it was predicted that SF vote would stay roughly the same. I agree with your statement about Alliance but unfortunately politics in Ireland is very divided. Regardless of your view point the DUP totally messed up with Brexit.

Quite ironic that the only party that backed it are now the biggest moaners about its inevitable consequences.
I just wish politics was put a side, try and make things work. I live in Derry, it's been starved of investment. The average working wage is a fraction of what it is in Belfast.

Last edited:
So, its vote Pink, lovely - whatever that is

It’s the first time in Northern Ireland’s history where gerrymandering worked against the dup.
time to get rid of the backward politics of our history and look at sorting the issues of today.

Latest posts

Back