Gervin Ale Yeast

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retourrbx

Regular.
Reaction score
Do people make the sugar starter suggested on the packet of this, sprinkle on dry or add to a bit of chilled wort when running off from mash on the day of the brew?

Had an 'old liquid yeast' nightmare with my last brew which ended up down the drain so gonna try some different dried yeasts. I usually use US05 but it takes a fairly long time to drop out, even when in the fridge after fermentation.

You can start the yeast by adding the sachet to wort about 23 deg c cover with foil and leave for an hour everything sterile though or just sprinkle on wort its easier. Gervin yeast is generally good we used it a few times

I've used it a few times and have only ever sprinkled it on dry.

Rumour has it that Gervin English Ale and Danstar Nottingham are one and the same, but the Gervin is much cheaper.

Moley said:
I've used it a few times and have only ever sprinkled it on dry.

Rumour has it that Gervin English Ale and Danstar Nottingham are one and the same, but the Gervin is much cheaper.

Indeed - that's why I got it - the lack of repackaged US05 was also a contributing factor... unless anyone knows any sources of repackaged yeasts?

Back