Getting gas into fridge

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blinky

Regular.
Reaction score
Ive got a kenwood American style fridge/freezer and want to run CO2 into it for my kegs (currently only got 1 keg and keep the gas in the fridge, but won't have room for 2 kegs and co2 bottle). Ideally I want to run it in from the side of the fridge but am very qorried about hitting a cooling line. Is there a definitive way to tall if the fridge is only cooled on the back wall?

f1b83d_0ed5aa366c76493a8cd10510cdccf062_mv2_d_3024_3262_s_4_2.jpg
think it's this model

Oooo never thought of that! Big job to move the fridge out and see but that's an idea

Oooo never thought of that! Big job to move the fridge out and see but that's an idea
Remember that you can basically run CO2 through pretty much any diameter pipe, because it's so much less viscous than beer. It's perfectly feasible to run some or all of it in 3/16" and that makes it a lot easier to get through the drain hole :-)

It's best not to completely block the drain hole because... it's a drain hole ;-)

So... I had a look and there is no drain hole in this fridge :-( Back to the drawing board! Also, the side of the fridge has a vent inside the fridge and Im wondering if this means there are cooling pipes on the side as well?

So... I had a look and there is no drain hole in this fridge :-( Back to the drawing board! Also, the side of the fridge has a vent inside the fridge and Im wondering if this means there are cooling pipes on the side as well?
I'm with @Rodcx500z ... there will be a drain hole somewhere.
However if you need to locate areas where there are unlikely to be cooling pipes, the top is a pretty good bet. Also if there is an external cooling matrix at the rear, it's highly unlikely that there will also be cooling pipes embedded in the read panel.

Overall I would recommend the @Buffers brewery approach: carefully make a small hole in the outer skin, and then prod carefully through the foam using a screwdriver until you contact the inner skin inside the fridge. Then you know you're basically safe.

Latest posts

Back