Gift from the gods.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spiderwebster

Reaction score
As a kid living in london ,we use to go down Kent alot throw back from the "hopping days" running through the hop fields playing games ,the sight of hop bines must have imprinted on my mind , knowing this is the time of year for them , just driving home through the Devon lanes , I just caught sight of wild bines growing in an hedge row .What a delight have now got some wrapped around the bar and various locations around it ... will have to go back tomorrow and see if there is enough to dry and had to a kit . Will I.D. them first .

Last edited by a moderator:
As a kid living in london ,we use to go down Kent alot throw back from the "hopping days" running through the hop fields playing games ,the sight of hop bines must have imprinted on my mind , knowing this is the time of year for them , just driving home through the Devon lanes , I just caught sight of wild bines growing in an hedge row .What a delight have now got some wrapped around the bar and various locations around it ... will have to go back tomorrow and see if there is enough to dry and had to a kit . Will I.D. them first .
Good to see a fellow Royal.
I grew up in Kent so rememember the hop pickers well.

Nice find, waiting to see what they're like is the best bit. Out on me motorbike last weekend, going down a nearby but unfamiliar country lane, I too spotted about a hundred-yard stretch of hedgerow teeming with hops. I stopped to check them out but they were too far gone. Will be back next year for sure. Meanwhile, walking down my street yesterday, someone had left 5 demijohns in the council glass recycling bin, on the pavement outside their house! Naturally, I picked the lot up and hoofed it home. This at a time when I was watching an ebay auction for 5 demijohns about 10 miles from me! Neat, huh?

Latest posts

Back