Milkman stabbed in stomach during Tarporley delivery round

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What would you have done in this situation?

• I would have had a go they shouldn't get away with stealing my property.

• I would have let the scum get away with it as the risk of injury was too great.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
A milkman trying to stop teenagers stealing milk from his float at 5 a.m has been stabbed (after refusing them a lift) should he have let them walk off with the milk or was he right to stand up to them even though he was outnumbered.

We seem to have a group of young people with no respect for the law and other peoples property who carry knives with little fear of being caught more police isn't the answer as the cannot be everywhere and it didn't stop crime when they were fully staffed years ago.

What should he have done and what would you have done (see poll)

What is the answer to the problem of knife crime stop and search and more police isn't going to make much difference as there will always be the ones who think they will never get caught.

(Please read the full article below before voting and posting)

A milkman has been stabbed in the stomach by a teenage boy trying to steal a crate from his float after he and his friend were refused a lift.

The Briscoe's Dairy driver was attacked while delivering on Eaton Lane in Tarporley, Cheshire at about 05:00 GMT.

He suffered a "nasty wound" but was not seriously injured, dairy owner Edward Briscoe said.

The milkman, named only as Rob, wanted to carry on his round after being checked by paramedics.

Mr Briscoe said Rob, who has worked for the dairy about seven years, was asked by the pair "for a lift down a country lane and he said he couldn't" as it was "an electric float [and] it doesn't have any passenger seats".

"One of them tried to get a crate off the back and as Rob has gone round the back, one of the lads has stabbed him," he said.

"It's horrible to think there was intent there to really hurt someone.

"I dread to think what would have happened if he didn't have the thick coat on, but I'm just so thankful he's not badly hurt."

Mr Briscoe said the boys, who he described as being aged "15 or 16" and about 6ft (1.8m) and 5ft 3in (1.6m) tall, made off through a gap in a hedge and across a muddy field.

"Someone's got to know who it is," he said.

"The field was seriously muddy, they will be covered - on their shoes, on their trousers."

Cheshire Police has asked for anyone with information about the attack to come forward.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-51323885

Last edited:
Nowadays, even if the perpetrator is caught (which is becoming less and less likely as police numbers are reduced), there appears to be no serious consequences for whatever crime is committed; from petty theft to murder.

As a result, the strong prey on the weak and/or vulnerable and feel free to escalate the situation in the belief that they may not get caught; and in the knowledge that if they are caught then the punishment will not be severe.

In this case, the two fit young youths probably thought that the milkman was a pushover and when he attempted to prevent them from committing a crime they immediately escalated the situation. If they are caught, they may get away with a small fine and a telling off. i.e. A punishment less severe than my generation would have received for scrumping a couple of apples!

I sympathise with the milkman and hope that he recovers quickly from the attack, but "Would I have a go?" Too true I would. It's about time that the silent majority made a stand and started to put some immediate "consequences" back into behaviour like this. I wouldn't think that many lads would come back for more after a potential "victim" had kicked seven bells out of them!

Why were they out at 5 am not a normal teenager trait looks to me like they no good scum in the first place and obviously carrying a knife. I know it makes sense not to have a go but I would not let them get away with it and risk the consequences, no doubt they will have had a bad experience in their bringing up or at least thats what the do-gooders will say

Latest posts

Back