Good morning everyone from grimsby

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattybrew

Reaction score
Hi guys my name's matty kind of new to homebrewing. Done a few wines and the bug has kind of hit me and can't seem to get away from it. Every time I pass my local homebrew store I always end up coming out with a couple goodies , guess most off you are the same eh . Is there many people from Grimsby on here?

Happy brewing guys :D

Not from Grimsby but my Inlaws are or were (they just moved down to Coventry near me and my wife)

They lived in Scathor top.

What is the water like for brewing up there? I always remember they had a lot of filters for their tap water.

Thanks chip ,

I live the other side of town and the water quality is appalling, it takes nearly a full day for me to filter the water to my satisfaction covrich , I don't blame them for moving mate

Welcome. I used to live in Devon and the water there seemed to be great for brewing, but now I live in a hard water area, so have gone over to using bottled water. I also use a no rinse sanitiser, that isn't too good when used with hard water (so I read), so also use bottle water for that too. At least bottle water is cheap.

Good luck with the homebrew.

Welcome! I was the same, made some cider and some wine and now I've taken over the spare room :clap:

Hi Matty, welcome.

Not from Grimsby but just over the river in 'Ull. Welcome to the forum and to brewing!

There's a map feature link at the top somewhere which shows where people are located (if they've specified in their profile)

Sorry for the long reply guys bein busy at work , haven't had the chance to get a brew started as the water has bein like cloudy lemonade for the past week :( and filter has broken too so not happy bunny lol , but hey hopeing to get some fruity cider going very soon :) thanks for that waylander I'll use that tool (y)

Grimsby? Well, I suppose some poor sod has to be, at least its mot Cleethorpes though!

Originally from Barnetby, but moved the other side of Scunthorpe 5 years ago. Its quite hard water out here, but haven't troubled myself with any kind of filtering yet.

Nice to have another from the area on here. Welcome..

Latest posts

Back