Gordons resigned

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could be quite a slippery move. Tory & Liberal government wont last long, their beliefs are too far apart.
I can see a vote of no confidence in parliament coming and another general election by this time next year, with Millband as PM :wha:

Sean_Mc said:
Could be quite a slippery move. Tory & Liberal government wont last long, their beliefs are too far apart.
I can see a vote of no confidence in parliament coming and another general election by this time next year, with Millband as PM :wha:
I'll be suprised if it lasts the year,Not sure about Milliband though :wha:

Can you imagine the headlines if Ed Balls gets the Labour leadership :lol:

Sean_Mc said:
I agree, tactical move, very clever.... :hmm:
All the tory hating liberals will be disgruntled, labour will have a new leader in place (Milliband) ready for when the Clegg/Cameron partnership goes sour, thus.....New Election
No doubt about it though, Brown had to go!! :D
BB

I wonder if Gordon has left a big steaming Kiffie in the prime ministerial Toilet as a house warming present to Mr Cameron.

I know I would :D

Up

unclepumble said:
I wonder if Gordon has left a big steaming Kiffie in the prime ministerial Toilet as a house warming present to Mr Cameron.

I know I would :D

Up
Yeah, me too! :lol:
Shut the window, turn the fan off and close the door. :sick:
BB

One of the first acts of parliament will be to bring in 4 year fixed term governments . . . so this coalition will last at least 4 years. ;)

Very cany move on Gordons part . . . forcing the right wing tories and left wing liberals to agree to policy changes that they probably wouldn't have done as quickly . . . Which will lead to some infighting and resentment in both parties . . . causing friction in government.

Must admit that I think if we get AV or PR we should be looking for more coalition governments in the future . . .personally I think it will be a good ting as we will start getting some consensual policies in place that will be for the benefit of the country.

Politicians of all parties needed to be grabbed by the neck and shaken to wake up . . . I think this might just be the thing that does it.

Yep, aleman is right - almost definitely 4 years of this coalition and then I suspect many more in the future if there is any kind of voting reform.

I also agree its a good thing, they do need a shake up and have to agree that some of the other parties policies are better, instead of just sticking to the same old line in order to differentiate from the opposition.

If the coalition survives then it will be five years, but the first call of a vote of confidence in the government and the back bench Libs will jump ship. Think it will happen in twelve months, for certain in two years :thumb:

What! politics!, Jeez y' had me worried there for a minute!, "No more Gin!", thank the good Lord tis only the government ting!, the Civil Servants will keep things going, (by the way Darlin' girl is it your turn to get the Gin in? is it!) heck! I seem t' buy all of the darn stuff an barely get a sniff :wha:

Back