The end of the road for Boris.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't get how this will work how is he going to work with the people that stabbed him in the back?

The scary thing is the alternatives to Boris is every bit as bad. Could you imagine Liz Truss getting the job. The instability of the situation is not good for N. Ireland, we currently don't have a government.

I really wanted Boris to stay in until the next election as he would decimate the party; he's Labour's ticket to No. 10, and probably Lib Dems' saviour too! The track record for Tory replacements hasn't been good and they've got worse and worse, Boris is the worst PM, followed by Theresa May. Which character from the Necronomicon will lead the UK next?

The Who summed it up;

Boris the spider
Boris the spider
Creepy, crawly
Creepy, crawly
Creepy, creepy, crawly, crawly
He's come to a sticky end
Don't think he will ever mend
Never more will he crawl 'round
He's embedded in the ground
(J Entwistle)

This could be the open door Labour and Libs need, gawd help us, and before anyone ask's no i am not a tory in fact i don't support any party of any discription, i just go through life doing what i need to do i spend no time worrying about politics it is a complete waste of my time and energy, a fine example of politics is the smart metre almost half of those fitted are in dumb mode the only thing that works in politics is the humble brown envelope athumb..

It just keeps on giving!

Boris due to announce his resignation to something and BBC interviewing Stuart Andrew MP! Wikipedia says this about Mr Andrew:

“Andrew was born in Anglesey, Wales. He was a councillor on Wrexham County Borough Council from 1995 to 1999. Elected as a Conservative, he defected to the Labour Party in 1998, before rejoining the Conservative Party in 2000. He was a councillor on Leeds City Council from 2003 to 2010. He served as Government Deputy Chief Whip in the House of Commons from 2020 to 2022 when he was appointed Minister of State for Housing.”

So, a known back-stabber but it also says:

“In May 2016, it emerged that Andrew was one of a number of Conservative MPs being investigated by police in the 2015 general election party spending investigation, for allegedly spending more than the legal limit on constituency election campaign expenses.”

So, allegedly a potential fiddler of expenses and a back-stabber. A suitable candidate for the next Chancellor of the Exchequer methinks!
:hat:

If 98% of the population are followers, 2% are leaders, of that 2% most are in private enterprise, doesn't leave a lot of choice for a formidable leader in any party.
There will be a lot of people who could get a diploma in leadership, but there is no diploma for mettle.

The sad thing is that Boris had a lot of the right policies:, but he just doesn't have the ability to actually marshal Westminster into delivering on them.

He talks well, makes the right noises, but then expects that he can command Westminster, a deeply backwards institution, to just go and do it. And when they say 'No' that's the end of the road.

Now we'll get a nice and safe PM that is going to 'make the hard decisions' that will revert to the Tory plan A of public funding cuts, privatisation and tax avoidance schemes for the wealthy.

The sad thing is that Boris had a lot of the right policies:, but he just doesn't have the ability to actually marshal Westminster into delivering on them.

He talks well, makes the right noises, but then expects that he can command Westminster, a deeply backwards institution, to just go and do it. And when they say 'No' that's the end of the road.

Now we'll get a nice and safe PM that is going to 'make the hard decisions' that will revert to the Tory plan A of public funding cuts, privatisation and tax avoidance schemes for the wealthy.
“Now we'll get a nice and safe PM that is going to 'make the hard decisions' that will revert to the Tory plan A of public funding cuts, privatisation and tax avoidance schemes for the wealthy.”

No change there then.

Here we are, all glued to the TV waiting for the Clown's appearance.
Who would have thought that his final achievement would be a world shortage of popcorn!

This could be the open door Labour and Libs need, gawd help us, and before anyone ask's no i am not a tory in fact i don't support any party of any discription, i just go through life doing what i need to do i spend no time worrying about politics it is a complete waste of my time and energy, a fine example of politics is the smart metre almost half of those fitted are in dumb mode the only thing that works in politics is the humble brown envelope athumb..

You and I share the same outlook on life.

Although cynically I think this is all tactical in that they hope they have two years to rebuild and brush him under the carpet.

Latest posts

Back