Got my 1st Brew on

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatbelly

Reaction score
Hi All,
Today I have brewed my first ever HB. I have done a 2 Can St Peters Golden Ale.
All went well I think but I did make the mistake of putting then yeast in when the water temp was 29c.
Will this temp kill the yeast? Its been 5 hours since I brewed and not a peep from the bubble air lock

Welcome to the forum :cheers:

Temperature was fine.

There is usually a ‘lag time’ of several hours before you get any noticeable activity, the yeasts are busy multiplying and taking over the bucket.

Bubblers on buckets don't always bubble anyway unless the lids are absolutely gas tight, which they rarely are.

Thanks for the swift relies guys.
The bucket is currently in our dining room which is warm but not hot.
How will I know if the yeast is still alive?
Would it hurt to throw in another sachet of yeast whether or not?

give it time around 24 hours you should see signs if you open the FV you should see foam on top usually a good sign but try not to keen opening the FV keeps a nice c02 layer over the brew and stops the litle nasties getting in

Ah great when you do your first brew and realise its not as hard as you thought and the nbeer taste better!
Enjoy.

I'm Bubbling Yeah, Mrs FB came down to make make brew this morning (the noin alcoholic type ) :D and shouted up that all was well.

So happy I feel like a new Father

Hope it all turns out well for you :thumb:

Didn't brew a St Peters Kit so cant comment on those but have had beer's from the Brewery and they are excellent :cheers:

Latest posts

Back