Grainfather deals

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newerbrewer

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are likely to be any grainfather deals in the UK when their facility is back up? Looks like some other markets are getting some 20% off promos at the moment which would definitely be the final nudge I need to pull the trigger 😂

Think you may have to wait as homebrew shops are doing well at the moment so they don't need to discount. I bought mine from the malt miller with a good discount in a black Friday sale but that is a long way off. No harm in phoning a few suppliers and ask if they will give a discount, they can only say no.

If you can find a Grainfather right now you're doing well I'm afraid... we sold out over a month ago. We do have some on backorder but I think they will be at least 2 weeks before arriving.

You can use the sign up email to our newsletter on our site against the cost though and get 5% discount

If you can find a Grainfather right now you're doing well I'm afraid... we sold out over a month ago. We do have some on backorder but I think they will be at least 2 weeks before arriving.

You can use the sign up email to our newsletter on our site against the cost though and get 5% discount
That's probably the answer then 😀

Any idea why the UK is so stock constrained while looks like other countries have quite deep discounts at the moment - US in particular.

The UK is going through it's biggest spike in homebrew activity in the last 2-3 decades :) Furlough and pubs closing has seen loads of people new to or returning to brewing on top of the people who already made their own.

It's crazy, we literally can't get stock in fast enough even now, we've taken on 9 new people in our warehouse to keep up with demand which means we're now well on top of shipping orders out and not having to work through the weekends anymore, which had been the case until the end of May. We shipped over 60,000 items in May, what a time to be alive and we'll do something a little but more formal than this but again thanks to everyone for their patience and have continued ordering when delivery times we're a pain.

The Grainfathers sold out in the UK in around a month of lockdown starting and due to production lead times they can't get here any faster than they were already planned to do. They will come soon though :)

Really interesting and thanks for the insight!

Interesting that it's been such a big spike in the UK vs somewhere like the US. I had a look at Google trends and it's a massive difference in searches.

Wonder how many will continue when lockdown eases and bit or if Gumtree is going to be a great place for nearly new equipment in the next few months!

UK

Screenshot 2020-06-19 at 11.41.49.png

USA
Screenshot 2020-06-19 at 11.42.06.png

Really interesting and thanks for the insight!

Interesting that it's been such a big spike in the UK vs somewhere like the US. I had a look at Google trends and it's a massive difference in searches.

Wonder how many will continue when lockdown eases and bit or if Gumtree is going to be a great place for nearly new equipment in the next few months!

UK

View attachment 27889
USA
View attachment 27890

I reckon Gumtree and eBay are going to be goldmines come the autumn for sure.

Back