Greed and Capitalism

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the weirdest claim is capitalism had virtually nothing to do with it, at least not in the free market sense in this country. It got public money to research it (far from exclusively), its only customer in the UK is the NHS (ie the government again) and it has to go through the testing at each stage to be approved for the next via government restrictions. The not for profit bit is quite complicated see COVID-19: The multi-billion pound business of the Oxford vaccine so certainly a degree of capitalism (though not really free market capitalism) as for greed I don't see why he did use the term profit motivated just to make it sound a bit nicer.
I think the relationship between governments, regulators, big pharma and health services is pretty disgusting though have to admit I'm not sure of the best way to improve it. At least we don't have all this research controlled by the government or we would be using leaches and witch burning.

People that don't like capitalism are lazy. It takes some determination and effort to make it work for you.

If it wasn't for capitalism there wouldn't be nearly as much money for government to steal from the people and business. Well, not businesses. Taxes become part of the product cost and are therefore passed on to the consumer.

Latest posts

Back