Greetings from a Newbie.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skippy

Reaction score
Hi All,

Brand new to this brewing game..

I have just bought my first kit(Woodfords) and after extensively searching this forum for hints and tips taken the plunge and am now 2 days into fermantation.

Firstly..thanks for all the advice regarding cleaning etc...I think I've got that bit right at least.

OK, First of what will probably be a long list of basic questions:-

Its bubbling away rather well.....I am keeping the FV in a room at about 23 degrees...is this OK or a little on the warm side?
As a result of the 'vigorous bubbling' in the airlock I got up this morning to find the air lock has been pushed out of the lid....How drastic is it that the air lock has been compromised?

OK...thats all for the time being...I will post in the appropiate areas as the weeks progress and will let folks know how I get on with this first batch.
Cheers,
Skip.

Cheers....Just had a look through the forum again and I think my questions have been answered....I'm just being a little over cautious :) ...

Hi Skippy

Hi and Welcome :cheers: .

23 degrees is relativly for a temp. The best range is usually between 18-21 degrees unless you are making a lager. But I believe the yeasts used with kits are ok at a higher temp ( please correct if wrong).

As for the airlock. It isn't the end of the world if it pops out. Plenty of people dont use airlocks and their beer is fine and if you look thorugh the forum you will find plenty pros and cons about airlocks

Good Luck :thumb:

Your beer should have a nice CO2 blanket on top of it from all that lovely fermentation; so there's no need to worry. :party:

Welcome aboard :cheers:

Thanks for the welcome and replys.I've turned the CH down a little and am now away for a few days....I'll keep folk posted as to how successfull my first attempt is.

Latest posts

Back