Greetings from Australia

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brisboy

Reaction score
G'day everyone,
Came here because i'm wanting to brew so apple cider. I'm also a wine drinker so I'll have to give some of those recipes a go too. Loving the expertise and creativity here so far.

brisboy said:
G'day everyone,
Came here because i'm wanting to brew so apple cider. I'm also a wine drinker so I'll have to give some of those recipes a go too. Loving the expertise and creativity here so far.
Hello, and welcome to the forum :thumb: I've had a couple of goes brewing cider from kits which turned out quite well. Lots of people have brewed cider from apple juice bought from a supermarket - so I might have a go at that.

Hello and welcome Brisboy, cheap apple juice from concentrate, no preservatives, bit of sugar and a packet of yeast, could not be simpler. can i ask what you will be fermenting it in........

:cheers:

billybacardi said:
Hello and welcome Brisboy, cheap apple juice from concentrate, no preservatives, bit of sugar and a packet of yeast, could not be simpler. can i ask what you will be fermenting it in........

:cheers:

That's what i'm trying. Bubbling away in my demijohn right now. :D

e2upenut.jpg

Cider by torch light. Thanks for the welcome everyone.

brisboy said:
G'day everyone,

welcome, from New Zealand myself :)

Welcome!

What yeast did you go for?

Just started my first Turbo Cider yesterday, added some mixed dark berry juice to it along with the AJ, looked a really nice colour.

I've gone the super cheapskate route of bakers yeast, mostly because I live 400 km from the nearest brewers supply store. We'll see how it goes, if it's awful I'll know better for next time. Also threw in some black currant syrup and some roibos tea for tannins.

Well, it failed to carbonate and tastes super yeasty (blech!) But I've got some champagne yeast to try for next time.

Hi and welcome to the site! Hope it turns out well :cheers:

Would love to know how you're finding that demi..

billybacardi said:
thats cool, I've never seen a swing top demijohn before :hat:

I've the same one and found it sucked :'( I've had to secure mine with rubber bands around the handle to make sure its slightly more airtight lol

So far the demijohn is fine but have used mostly with the airlock. Only used the swing top to shake up some ingredients when making some mostly non alcoholic ginger beer.

brisboy said:
Well, it failed to carbonate and tastes super yeasty (blech!) But I've got some champagne yeast to try for next time.

Yeah Champagne yeast will work much better than bread yeast, and you'll have lovely effervescent fizz.

Latest posts

Back