Greg Hughes Home Brew Beer book: what shall I brew?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got this for my birthday, what are your favourite recipes from this? What shall I brew first? I pretty much like all beers, can brew most beers as well.

It seems that 5 of the first 10 GF Brews I made were variants of the ESB Ale recipe on p115. I got the GH book at around the same time.
Some rather distant variants, but ESB is a solid sort of style that can't really go "wrong" in terms of ingredients.

When it comes to beer middle of the road does have a time and place. I remember making a milk chocolate mint stout which was nice, but after a couple in a row they get a bit much and I just wanted something tasty and sessionable. I was stuck with 60 bottles of these :laugh8:. It was a hit with others so I gave quite a lot away.
Absolutely. That's why I liked the mild. Just easy drinking.

From the amazon description :

Updated to include new techniques (such as kettle souring), and new recipes (such as Brett IPA and Peach and green tea kettle sour), you'll have all the information you need to brew your perfect beer.

The image of the recipe contents page seems to show a good few new recipes including a milkshake ipa... *vomits*

Not missing much, I see...

I'm currently drinking the first of my ESB from GH book, it's certainly a nice drink and as others have said a good starting point for building on this style.

Latest posts

Back