Gritter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alawlor66430

Landlord.
Reaction score
Someone had a thread up previously about a gritter spreading in the summer time, well fan my brow, one had just driven down the street doing the same, I got a pic but could only get the **** end of it before it disappeared behind the hedge, strange days !!
7uvu3anu.jpg

I was intrigued about this and did a quick google, I found THIS, its talking about gritter drivers doing training in summer months...might be a learner gritter getting some teaching? :)

Cononthebarber said:
I was intrigued about this and did a quick google, I found THIS, its talking about gritter drivers doing training in summer months...might be a learner gritter getting some teaching? :)

how much training does it take?

drive that way at 20 miles an hour when your half empty turn around and come back to do the other side of the road

Think they have to learn routes, like bus drivers. Possibly including where important drains etc are.
Eg They come up the hill here to make a gritted route to the station, but ignore the adverse camber tight corner into our sidestreet. Anybody who hadn't been taught not to would dump some grit a few yards into our street, to make the junction navigable

20 mph, ? Blocking the road ? Training ? I have a caravan and do it without training. Cheers RD

As an ex council gritter driver I would hazard a guess as to training or routine maintenance Although they are some times filled with sand to spread on large spills in the road.

Twas me that posted about the gritter, gritting the M6 on a nice sunny day. :lol: I can understand training, but do they need to actually grit the road? :wha: I'm sure the salt knows what to do without any help from the driver. Probably an ex British Leyland worker hoping to make our cars rust a bit more.

Latest posts

Back