Growing hops

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peskytat

Reaction score
I bought 4 Rhizomes last year in June, put them outside in August, made sure they were well mulched and even bubble wrapped them, the Chinook, Cascade came back very strong, the Nugget not so strong, but it looks like I've lost the Centennial, its wasn't growing as well as the other 3 when I got them, I've heard since that Centennial can be a hard hop to grow, anyone else heard this ?
Thanks in advance for any help / info.

I haven't heard that about Centennial but I've lost 2 of my 4 hop plants in the early days. I initially bought 3 together, 2 were fine (Cacsade and Styrian Goldings) but the other one did nothing (can't remember the variety, EKG maybe). And I bought a 4th at the end of this winter (Challenger) which has also done nothing so far, whilst the others are already 2ft high, so think I may have lost that one.

I haven't heard that about Centennial but I've lost 2 of my 4 hop plants in the early days. I initially bought 3 together, 2 were fine (Cacsade and Styrian Goldings) but the other one did nothing (can't remember the variety, EKG maybe). And I bought a 4th at the end of this winter (Challenger) which has also done nothing so far, whilst the others are already 2ft high, so think I may have lost that one.
The Chinook and the Cascade are both strong plants, but I did notice last summer that while they were thriving the Centennial was hardly growing.

Latest posts

Back