Gutted about this

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garry123

Reaction score
Well i bottled the turbo cider today in brown glass bottles and put them in fridge on there side and then a few hours later i checked up on em and when i held them up to the light i saw something lying on the bottom. Its like the dead yeast you get at the bottom of a dj and when i held it up it started to mix back in the cider but still leaveing an outline, what is this and can i still drink it ?? Im sure the fermentaion has finished.

garry123 said:
Well i bottled the turbo cider today in brown glass bottles and put them in fridge on there side and then a few hours later i checked up on em and when i held them up to the light i saw something lying on the bottom. Its like the dead yeast you get at the bottom of a dj and when i held it up it started to mix back in the cider but still leaveing an outline, what is this and can i still drink it ?? Im sure the fermentaion has finished.

If you bottled them today, did you put sugar in to prime, cos if you did you should leave them at the same temp you fermented them at for a week, before transfering to a cool/cold place, otherwise you will have no fizz.

The stuff is yeast, if you leave in fridge for a couple of weeks it should mainly stick to the bottom of the bottles, if you store them upright, its not best practice to store crown cork bottles on their side.

Its actually better to keg your TC for a couple of weeks then bottle using a little bottler or similar, that way you will get less yeast in the bottles.

Yeast won't kill you though, it will just make ur backside a bit more tunefull and fruity smelling, and it has the added bonus of having loads of B vitamins in it.

UP

Yeah i primed them, had them in the fridge overnight should i take them out then ? :? :hmm:

Back