Hambleton bard bitter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cask is best

Landlord.
Reaction score
Quick question. Just barreled 40 pints Hambleton Bitter only had diy instructions and it says leave at room temp for 2 days then move to a cool place for 2to 3 weeks.
Is the two day bit a bit short as i have always been led to believe to leave at room temp for a week then a cool place. It's going in the garage which is around 45-50c when second fermentation has completed.

Thanks.

I'd leave it a week indoors as you say and as long as you can resist in your garage... 2-3 weeks sounds a bit brief.

Further to my opening post question. Could anyone please point me as to when i know it is okay to move a barrel to a cool place.
I have just drawn a tumbler off to see how it's going. It came out with a gush held it's head. okay yes of course it was cloudy and it tasted like all my other brews at this early stage. I would describe it as just drinkable. So back to my question is if it's doing everything as per normal is it okay to put it in the garage.

Regards.
CIB

Latest posts

Back