Hazelwood’s Brewday Part 2

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Solder on the pump.
Pump in contact with the wort
Farewell and adieu to my fair Spanish ladies 🦈
Pump in the water, solder not in the water, pump not in the wort.

8BEE62C8-4B6E-4217-AD80-71CDBAAB50E5.jpeg

No more brewdays for a short while now, the fermentation cabinet is full.

Mind you, that cherry sour has been fermenting for a week so it’s time to transfer it to secondary and add some cherries! I’ll also add some medium charred American oak.

I guess that’s my next job…

That’s another job done. Pictures are the base beer together with fruit purée, pectolase (to clear the beer), and oak chips. Next what the base beer looks like before and after adding the fruit, and finally the beer back in the fermentation cabinet.

E2A7F45F-B6A5-45A5-B734-97D30348AAD8.jpeg

A5A3B0F3-C528-4F75-9FD0-23922391CC7C.jpeg
6B65B8CC-F33D-4226-8F1A-656E5AB5B07C.jpeg
A2989F63-69CF-4AE3-B6CB-3486C6BFC367.jpeg

The base beer wasn’t particularly sour, more tart, but that’s okay because I’m not overly keen on very sour beers.

☺️ ..

Interesting that your Pilsner is fermenting at the same temperature as the others .. would Pilsner normally ferment at a lower temp, or is it all about the choice of yeast?

Today I will keg the last of the four beers from my fermentation cabinet, this one is Summer Breeze.

Time to decide on the next tranche…

I’ve decided that one of the next four kegs that becomes available will be for my bourbon barrel aged imperial stout leaving me with three fresh brews. One of these will be another batch of bitter because that doesn’t hang around for long. I think the other two brews will be a 12% imperial stout and an 8% DIPA version of my Butterfly Effect American IPA (bit more grain, add some DME, up the bitterness to balance the sweetness by moving the 30 minute bittering addition to 60 mins).

Latest posts

Back