HDPE Cube.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulRob

Reaction score
Hi all. Hope this finds you well. Hoping someone on here can help. I am as going to try No chill for my next brew and managed to find a HDPE bottle in my hut that is big enough. Only thing is that it was power washer soap/detergent that was in it before, and there is a slight smell of this in the bottle even after several rinses and cleaning. Will this smell transfer on to my brews, does anyone have a tip for removing the smells, many thanks.

Is this the kind of thing? I use the detergent bottles from our dishwasher at work and had no problems at all. Just make sure they're washed extensively.

20200420_135931-1.jpg

Is this the kind of thing? I use the detergent bottles from our dishwasher at work and had no problems at all. Just make sure they're washed extensively.

View attachment 24732
Yeah that's what I've got, I've washed it a few times but still a feint hint of soap. Will keep washing it, bit I have a feeling smell may always be there. Cheers.

We have 2 types at work, rinse aid and detergent. I could never get the smell out of the rinse barrels, so use the detergent.

I do no chill and thus far, have just fired it from boiler to FV and let it cool before pitching yeast.

I looked about for cubes etc but didnt buy one. I now find myself wondering why others dont just do what I do?

I do no chill and thus far, have just fired it from boiler to FV and let it cool before pitching yeast.

I looked about for cubes etc but didnt buy one. I now find myself wondering why others dont just do what I do?
Might give that a try. Cheers.

Back