Hefeweizen priming question

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twogunrocky

Reaction score
I intend to brew a hefe with CML Gretel next, at about 1.020 I will siphon off 4L onto 150ml of Raspberry lowicz in a demi-john and let both finish up.
I'm after a bit of advice on a few aspects..... I'd like to keep to the banana end of the scale with the yeast as its the first time ive used it, so want to have the majority ferment natural and a little 4L side experiment, but I've read such conflicting info on what temp to ferment it at, some say upper 20's pushing 30°c, others say they've had banana at low 20's. I'd appreciate hearing from any experience with this yeast.
Now another little head scratcher is I will also prime the 4L batch with lowicz into ½/1 litre bottles. What would lowicz be classed as on the priming scale?.... as there is a BIG difference between the various fermentables.
Screenshot_20221024-202703_Chrome.jpg

As you can see I've put the relevant values in for an example..... I'm thinking it could possibly be classed as corn syrup?

Your thoughts please.👍

A wheat beer with raspberries is great, but a tad expensive, in a sense, for an every day drink, perhaps.
I would suggest chucking in as much raspberry syrup as you can get towards the end of ferment and priming with cane sugar.

For me, do the Hefeweizen with and without the additions. You can always put one of each into a jug and drink the mixture later.

I've done a raspberry sour Slid.... my main focus for this one is the CML Gretel temp for the banana esters, that's the advice i'm after mate.
Also what the syrup would be classified as on the priming scale, as there's a big disparity from table sugar to corn syrup etc.
Thanks for your input fella.

Just work out the sugar based on the ingredients declaration
7.8g sugar per 10ml

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221028_203142_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221028_203142_com.android.chrome.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back