Hello from a novice brewer.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mallen1

Reaction score
Hello All,

I have just taken up home brewing after wanting to but never getting round to it for a long time! Certainly going to make use of the forum for tips and advice!

I am currently brewing from kits and have x2 5 gallon barrels to store the beer in.
1st brew was 2 months ago - I did a Colne valley Bitter as recommended by Hop n Grape (Darlington). Turned out really well in taste and I was very impressed with it, especially being my 1st attempt. I followed all instructions to the letter! Only negative was that it wasn't perfectly clear in appearance - not 100% sure why, although I think after reading some threads I literally stuck to the 7-9 day fermentation and suspect I may have rushed this stage!

Currently on the go; I have a Young's Bitter I have just put into one of the Kegs and also in the fermentation bin I have a Woodforde's Norfold Wherry Best Bitter.

Thinking of doing a stout next in a few months, after seeing how these 2 turn out.

Hey mallen1 welcome to the forum, sounds like your really getting into the swing of it.

Latest posts

Back