Hello from France

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Casey76

Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone :)

I'm a British transplant living in France and working in Switzerland and after deciding that the summer isn't warm enough to sweeten my grapes I decided to try and make wine with them this year :rofl:

Since harvest is still a long way off (late spetember, if I'm lucky!) I thought I'd try and get a couple of practice rounds in first, so I've armed myself with an "all inclusive" kit, but more importantly a few PET containers, and I'm all sorted, itching to be off.

I'm planning to start with a couple of rounds of fruit juice brews first, before I try whole fruit brewing... who knows where this could lead ;)

I am realy quite excited. It's not something I've ever done before, and I'm not particularly a wine drinker (though the majority of my friends and family are), but living in France, it is almost sacrilidge not to have at least a couple of bottles on wine on standby in case of unexpected visitors!

I hope the forum doesn't mind a few (lot...) of newbie questions, and no doubts a few panics along the way :lol:

happy brewing...

Katrina

Just in case you didn't know: even with red wine grapes, you won't get properly red wine unless you ferment with the skins in. According to the books, anyway.

Thanks for the welcome everyone :)

That's not a problem for my oldbloke... my grapes are white ;) I don't know which variety though, as I inherited them with the house :?

Back