Hello from Glasgow

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grimey

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've just recently started home brewing the easy way with the Wilko Chocomeister Stout.
The last few weeks have been a bit cold, but hopefully it's worked out, and I should be able to try them in a few weeks.

Next I'm hoping to do a nice drinkable ale and might put it in a pressure barrel, because all that bottle washing and sterilising is such a faff!

Looking forward to asking all you experts some silly questions and seeing what you're all up to.

Cheers!

Graeme

Welcome to the forum from just up the road in Stirling, and yes the bottling is a faff, has its place though even if you have pressure barrels or kegs. There's a good active home brew scene in Glasgow too with a fb group who are really lovely and welcoming.

Down here in Kilmarnock. I also recommend the coopers kits to start off with, head and shoulders above the Wilko stuff. I’m all grain now, corny kegs and taps. You’ve taken that first step into the abyss, no turning back now!!!

Welcome to the forum from another Stirling based brewer. Started off last year with a Pinter, but now transitioning to All Grain. Just got a Grain Father and can’t wait to get it up and running.

Welcome to the forum. I bottle all my brews and have a collection of 200 x 500ml bottles. The trunk is to give them a good rinse every time you pour a beer and leave them to drip dry. Then store. If all your bottles are clean, on bottling day it is just a matter of sanitising the bottles. I use a no rinse sanitizer, a bottle washer and a bottle tree. Makes it a pretty easy job.

Welcome! I’m just to the north of Glasgow and been brewing for just over a year. Starting with kits is a great idea, really helps flatten out the learning curve a bit. Dial in sanitation and general fermentation processes like temperature control.
I personally only bottle the excess from any batch that doesn’t fit in my keg, but usually 3 or 4 per batch. Easier to share with friends and family or to age for a while and see if there are significant taste differences from the younger beer in the keg, which is usually long gone by this point!

Latest posts

Back