Hello from Halifax

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adamw

Reaction score
Hi all, new to the forum and home brewing !

A big thanks to you all as this site has got me hooked and the posts I've read so far have helped me decide which way to go....

Hoping to make some really nice beers and work my way up to full H&G recipes in times to come. Sticking with simple kits for now.

For all you seasoned brews here is my first question newbie silly question, the wherry has been stuck on 1014 for a couple of days now still odd buble from the air lock, but every 2 to 3 minutes tops. Not the worlds best hydrometer (from a high street chain) so not sure whether to leave it a bit longer or keg it up. Been in the FV for 6 days today.

Any Ideas?

Cheers Adam.

Welcome to the forum...

Another few days in the fermenter wont hurt, have just set a Wherry kit going myself today. Instructions say it's finished when the gravity remains constant below 1014. So if it doesn't change in a day or two it's probably done.

:cheers:

I haven't done Wherry but from other experiances i'd leave it a bit longer, leave it untill your hydrometer reading has been the same for 3 days running, then its able to bottle (because fermentation should of stopped by then. but if it changes like.. 1.014 to 1.013 on the third day i'd recommend waiting untill its the same for 3 days again.

Good luck :)

Thanks for the replies, I'll give it 3 more days and check again, at least you've put on the right track really appreicate it.

Cheers Adam.

Done a few wherrys think the lowest i got was 1012, you're bout right at 1014 so if it stays constant for a couple of days get it kegged :cheers:

Yeah be great.....good idea the more the merrier :drink:

I got the Wherry conditioning now for 2 weeks and just kegged the St Peters Golden Ale, aiming for first session about end of Oct !

Oh and just fired up some Vimto TC !!

That makes 3 of us
:thumb:

Just concentrating on making wine atm but looking to have a go at beer/lager in the future

Latest posts

Back