Hello from Herts

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’ve recently joined up and posted a couple of times now.

Been homebrewing for a few years now and made the usual progression through kits to a Grainfather plus conical fermenter and more recently into kegging. Eying up a kegerator next!

Enjoy brewing all sorts of different styles and entering a few beers in BrewCon to get feedback and enjoy the event of course!

My go-to beer is a good well balanced bitter such as TT Landlord but I have become a bit obsessed with trying to recreate Verdant NEIPAs recently with mixed success. Beers like Even Sharks Need Water really are quite something IMHO. Also enjoying Beak Brewery beers of late.

Have found myself increasingly lurking on the forum to get ideas about things so thought it about time to sign up and become a bit more active!

Welcome to the forum. I’m a relative newbie. I’m just doing kits. But the results so far have been very good. Nowhere near the quality of your brewing. Happy brewing.

Thanks damienair. Be warned it’s a slippery slope once you get into it. The kits really are excellent these days though. I did one myself last week to get a session ale on the go as beer supplies are running low and I didn’t have time for a full brew day.

Thanks damienair. Be warned it’s a slippery slope once you get into it. The kits really are excellent these days though. I did one myself last week to get a session ale on the go as beer supplies are running low and I didn’t have time for a full brew day.
Ha Ha, Yeah starting to realise it is a slippery slope now. I started out thinking that enough bottles for 2 brews would be more than enough. Then I put on a wine. Currently collecting enough bottles to have 5 brews, first two are gone. :cool: Currently have a Pink Grapefruit IPA ready, Oaked Apple Cider is conditioning, a James Blonde Ale is 1 week in my FV, dry hopping that on Tuesday so as to bottle it next weekend. And then I'll be putting on a Mangrove Jacks Bavarian Wheat Beer. Building a healthy stash for the Summer BBQ Season.

I’ve recently joined up and posted a couple of times now.

Been homebrewing for a few years now and made the usual progression through kits to a Grainfather plus conical fermenter and more recently into kegging. Eying up a kegerator next!

Enjoy brewing all sorts of different styles and entering a few beers in BrewCon to get feedback and enjoy the event of course!

My go-to beer is a good well balanced bitter such as TT Landlord but I have become a bit obsessed with trying to recreate Verdant NEIPAs recently with mixed success. Beers like Even Sharks Need Water really are quite something IMHO. Also enjoying Beak Brewery beers of late.

Have found myself increasingly lurking on the forum to get ideas about things so thought it about time to sign up and become a bit more active!
Welcome!! I'm also massively into Verdant and recently brewed the Sharks recipe, which came out really well. See link below for the recipe if you haven't seen it before, plus some excellent tips from James Heffron the head brewer at Verdant.

@damienair Sounds like you need some kegs to reduce all that time spent bottling wink...

@Kye Thanks - yes saw the ESNW recipe when it was published last summer as part of the Malt Miller sponsored homebrew comp. We entered with a slightly different recipe and if I'm honest I was a bit disappointed by the feedback as I felt it was our best NEIPA yet and it wasn't our highest score. Got a few more things to work on though - mastering the hopstand/whirlpooling and the whole rousing thing for the dry hop. I've got another similar Verdant inspired recipe lined up to practise on...

@damienair Sounds like you need some kegs to reduce all that time spent bottling wink...

@Kye Thanks - yes saw the ESNW recipe when it was published last summer as part of the Malt Miller sponsored homebrew comp. We entered with a slightly different recipe and if I'm honest I was a bit disappointed by the feedback as I felt it was our best NEIPA yet and it wasn't our highest score. Got a few more things to work on though - mastering the hopstand/whirlpooling and the whole rousing thing for the dry hop. I've got another similar Verdant inspired recipe lined up to practise on...
Good stuff, realised I forgot to paste the link as well, good job you'd already seen it!

Back